Need a Holiday Time Out?
December 5, 2012 § Leave a comment
The holiday music and commercials started the day after Halloween. Christmas trees and Halloween costumes and candy were side by side in stores. The holidays seem to arrive earlier and earlier each year. Everywhere you turn there are commercials exhorting us to buy and cook our way into the hearts and minds of those around us! Can the holidays live up to they hype?
- Would you like to not just SURVIVE the holidays but THRIVE?
- Want to figure out ways to protect your time and energy for things that are truly important?
- Need help setting boundaries with difficult people?
Join the coaches of the Pinnacle Empowerment Center on Wednesday, December 12 at 6:00 p.m. and spend some time with other like-minded ladies for a time out from the holiday madness! Come eat, drink, and mingle with us as we discuss and share ways to keep from getting overwhelmed and reconnect with the purpose of the season. Here’s a taste of what we came up with just informally discussing how to survive the holidays:
- Not everything has to be perfect!
- Take a few minutes every day to bring joy to someone.
- View the holiday festivities as “optional” rather than “required”. You can’t be everywhere.
- Make sure you make time to get together with people who inspire you – surround yourself positive energy.
- Don’t take it personally – realize that others around you are stressed and reacting to the holiday drama themselves, its not you. Don’t get drawn into it.
- Don’t discuss politics, education or money. If these come up, excuse yourself and indulge in another piece of pie!
- Keep it simple – don’t let the holiday momentum overtake you or allow others to push you into things or events you don’t want to do.
- Refocus the holiday away from the material and on sharing the traditions with those you love. Even starting a new tradition can bring joy.
- Let others help . Delegate or hire out tasks you don’t enjoy or don’t have time to do.
Take a holiday time out for yourself and join us for a wonderful evening to help you re-focus, re-center, and re-energize yourself for the holidays! Complimentary coaching sessions are available so bring a friend! For more information visit our website or contact us at 410-799-1097 or info (at) empowerctr.org!
Posted by: Heather C.